2021 Pakistan Super League – Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings Preview & Prediction
When is Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings taking place? Saturday 19th June, 2021 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings taking place? Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where can I get tickets for Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings? No tickets are available as this match will take place without spectators
What channel is Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bottom placed side Quetta Gladiators reverted to type after their surprise win over Lahore Qalandars, following it up with a crushing 110-run defeat at the hands of Multan Sultans this past Wednesday.
- Having been bowled out for 73 runs chasing a target of 184, the performance pretty much summed up how miserable a campaign it has been from a Quetta point of view over the course of this Pakistan Super League season.
- With qualification for the final phase of the tournament now impossible, the Gladiators may look to give a number of younger players match time here as they potentially look to prioritise taking a glimpse into the future of their side.
- A narrow 7-run victory over bitter rivals Lahore Qalandars has kept Karachi Kings in the hunt for a top-four finish, however they must back that result up with another win here.
- The Karachi bowlers did an excellent job to hold their nerve as the match went on, with teenager Noor Ahmad starring after picking up figures of 2/19 from his four overs and the Afghanistan spin-bowler may play a huge part once again against Quetta.
- Captain Imad Wasim will have to make a decision on whether to make any changes for this match, but may be tempted to stick with the same side, considering they are coming off the back of such a morale boosting win.
Karachi Kings are in must win territory here and they cannot afford any slip ups. To beat Lahore Qalandars will have done wonders for the confidence at just the right time and they head into this encounter motivated and fired out. Quetta Gladiators meanwhile, are anything but motivated at present with their tournament now over and this could lead to their players not putting as much effort in as they perhaps would do should they still have a chance of playoff qualification, particularly in the field. With that in mind, Karachi Kings have to be favoured for victory in this one.