2021 Pakistan Super League – Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars Preview & Prediction
When is Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars taking place? Thursday 10th June, 2021 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars taking place? Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where can I get tickets for Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars? No tickets are available as this match will take place without spectators
What channel is Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Peshawar Zalmi return to Pakistan Super League action currently third place in the table with a record of three wins and two defeats from their five games played so far
- Wahab Riaz’s side was arguably hit the hardest when it came to overseas withdrawals following the tournament’s rescheduling, with five players pulling out including spin-bowler Mujeeb Ur Rahman, alongside their entire English contingent of players such as Saqib Mahmood, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Ravi Bopara and Liam Livingstone
- A number of West Indian overseas players have been drafted in to replace them such as fast bowler Fidel Edwards and all-rounder Fabian Allan, whilst big hitting South African David Miller has also been brought in to bolster the batting, supporting the likes of domestic players Kamran Akmal and Haider Ali in the top order.
- Lahore Qalandars are set to play for the second time in as many days following a dramatic five-wicket win over Islamabad United yesterday, which saw them hit the one run needed for victory off the final ball of the match, chasing down 144 and enabling Lahore to rise to the top of the Pakistan Super League table.
- With second-placed Karachi Kings playing earlier in the day, the Qalandars may find themselves bumped down to second place before the start of this match, so will be well aware how important victory is here with the spotlight on overseas superstar Rashid Khan once again following the Afghanistan spin-bowler’s figures of 9/1 in four overs against Islamabad.
- Opening batter Fakhar Zaman will be determined to put a big score on the board after being dismissed for just nine runs yesterday, whilst partner Sohail Akhtar will be hoping to build on his impressive 40 from 30 deliveries, which set the tone for a successful run chase.
All the momentum heading into this contest is on the side of Lahore Qalandars following their victory over Islamabad United, with their players not only full of confidence, but expected to be sharp with both bat and ball having experienced conditions first hand and gained some much needed match fitness into their bodies. Peshawar Zalmi however, may struggle to get loose in the opening stages of this match and their batters are set for a difficult challenge against the outstanding Rashid. When taking into account the quality of overseas players that Zalmi have lost in Saqib, Bopara and Livingstone in particular, it is a big ask for their replacements to come in and perform immediately against a strong Qalandars bowling outfit. This, combined with the power hitting of Fakhar Zaman, Ben Dunk and Tim David amongst others should lead to Lahore Qalandars securing their second win in succession since the tournament’s resumption.