2021 Pakistan Super League – Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi Preview & Prediction
When is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Sunday 13th June, 2021 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where can I get tickets for Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? No tickets are available as this match will take place without spectators
What channel is Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Multan Sultans’ first match since the restart of the Pakistan Super League saw them beat Karachi Kings by 12 runs after accruing 176/5 from their 20 overs, before proceeding to strangle the run-rate of the opposition despite Babar Azam’s unbeaten 85 runs for Karachi.
- Bowlers Imran Khan and Imran Tahir both shone with the ball for Multan, picking up three and two wickets respectively, with the former’s ability to close out the match clinically in the final over by picking up three wickets particularly impressive.
- From a batting perspective, four players acquiring scores of 29 or more suggests a strong depth to Multan’s lineup
- Peshawar Zalmi head into this contest in an extremely confident mood, having beaten Quetta Gladiators by 61 runs only the day before, their fourth victory of the competition so far.
- A score of 197/5 saw a number of batters play themselves into some good form going into their meeting with Multan, with half centuries for both wicketkeeper batter Kamran Akmal and South African David Miller.
- Three of Peshawar’s bowlers recorded figures with an economy of under seven runs an over, whilst their bowling depth was on display as seven players were utilised with the ball, giving captain Wahab Riaz plenty of options when required.
Four points separate these two sides in the table and for Multan Sultans in particular, this match is a big one for them if they wish to avoid being cut adrift. However, in Akmal, Miller and all-rounder Shoaib Malik, Multan will have a tough job ahead of them if they are to stem the runs from this Peshawar Zalmi batting line-up. Ultimately such firepower may end up proving the decisive factor in this one and lead Peshawar to another important win, although a close contest looks on the cards.