2021 Pakistan Super League – Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United Preview & Prediction
When is Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United taking place? Saturday 19th June, 2021 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United taking place? Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where can I get tickets for Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United? No tickets are available as this match will take place without spectators
What channel is Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Multan Sultans’ fantastic form continued in their most recent match, beating Lahore Qalandars by 80 runs in another outstanding all-round performance by Mohammad Rizwan’s side.
- Most impressive from a Multan perspective was their bowling unit, who combined to bowl out Lahore for just 89, with 22-year-old Shahnawaz Dhani recording incredible figures of four wickets for the loss of just five runs in 3.1 overs.
- The Sultans aren’t expected to make any changes to their team, with victory against Islamabad expected to confirm a second-placed finish in the group stage.
- Islamabad United come into this encounter off the back of having posted the highest batting total in Pakistan Super League history last time out vs Peshawar Zalmi, racking up 247/2 from 20 overs.
- Such a monster total was secured largely due to an unbeaten 105 from 56 balls by Australian overseas opener Usman Khawaja, with the rest of the batters making it to the crease hitting scores within the 40s.
- The win over Peshawar ensured that Islamabad are confirmed as group stage winners and with that in mind, they may look to make changes in this match particularly within their bowling line-up.
The top two sides in this year’s Pakistan Super League table face off here, with this potentially even a rehearsal of the final later on in the tournament. Both sides are in excellent form with league leaders Islamabad United having won their last four games and Multan Sultans winning all four matches they have played since the resumption of the competition. With top spot now secure for Islamabad, they may not treat this match with the same intensity of Multan, who are currently level on points with two other sides and potentially even three should Karachi Kings beat Quetta before this fixture. Therefore, the Sultans should be favoured for victory in this one.