2021 Pakistan Super League – Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators Preview & Prediction
When is Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Monday 22nd February, 2021 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? National Stadium, Karachi, Pakistan
Where can I get tickets for Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators? Visit this website for the latest ticket information
What channel is Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lahore Qalandars got off to a winning start on Sunday as they restricted Peshawar Zalmi to 140/6 thanks to some excellent bowling from Shaheen Shah Afridi and Rashid Khan, and they eased to victory in the run chase by four wickets and nine balls to spare.
- One of the most pleasing aspects of that win and performance is that they have plenty more to come as the likes of all-rounder David Wiese will aim to improve while Samit Patel will surely be handed an opportunity with the ball here.
- An unchanged side is expected given how solid they were in the opening win but they will be hoping for an all-round improvement especially with the bat after none of their top five scored more than 33 despite all of them making a start.
- It proved to be a woeful start to PSL 6 for the Quetta Gladiators on Saturday as they were skittled out for just 121 by the Karachi Kings who knocked the meagre total off with more than six overs and with seven wickets to spare.
- Their team is full of quality on paper but they looked to have got it all wrong with the batting order so Chris Gayle should move up the other with skipper Sarfaraz Khan expected to drop to a more familiar middle order role.
- The bowling unit was given virtually no chance of producing the goods given the low target to defend so they will be hoping to do much better here and Sarfaraz could be tempted to bowl first if he wins the toss here.
It was a miserable start of the Quetta Gladiators on Saturday but the loss and performance did highlight some glaring issues in their squad. Chris Gayle and Tom Banton are both destined to have struggles at the top of the order while skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed continues to make poor decisions. They do possess a talented bowling attack but that will only carry them so far in this tournament. They come up against the Qalandars who won their opening game and looked pretty good in doing so. They have a much more solid look about them with their strong core to the side and they have to be favoured to get a second victory here. The Gladiators best chance is to bowl first and restrict them but the Qalandars have many ways to win and more players in form at this early stage of the tournament.