2021 Pakistan Super League – Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi Preview & Prediction
When is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? Saturday 27th February, 2021 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi taking place? National Stadium, Karachi, Pakistan
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? Visit this website for the latest ticket information
What channel is Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United are the only team in PSL 6 yet to taste defeat so they will be keen to continue this strong start after wins over the Sultans and Kings as they come off two rest days to face Peshawar Zalmi.
- The most impressive feature in Islamabad’s opening two games has been the depth of their batting and bowling as they used eight different bowlers last time out while their matchwinning innings with the bat and come from their all-rounders with Lewis Gregory batting as low as number eight.
- Phil Salt is one player who may feel under some pressure after scoring just 13 runs in his opening two innings but they can afford him time given how strong their batting is and an unchanged line-up is expected.
- Peshawar Zalmi come into this second of back-to-back matches on a high after they chased down Quetta Gladiators’ 198/7 as they produced a stunning collective effort with the bat to record the highest run chase in the PSL this campaign and all eight matches have now been won by the team batting second prior to today.
- Peshawar’s batting has been particularly impressive in the last two games registering 197/4 and the 202/7 on Friday and while there have been some standouts knocks, so many different batsmen are contributing which reduces the reliance on individuals.
- It was another tough game for the bowlers to operate in and Mujeeb Ur Rahman has now gone for 84 runs from his last eight overs so it would be no surprise if the young Afghan was rested here with compatriot Waqar Salamkheil or Ravi Bopara potentially come in for him if they do decide to rotate.
Another shootout is on the cards between these two teams as unbeaten Islamabad faced off against Peshawar Zalmi. There is a clear trend in the PSL so far leaning heavily in favour of the chasing team but that will eventually come to an end and it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Peshawar Zalmi may be on something of an emotional comedown after the win over Quetta Gladiators and that will be worth assessing early in this match. They too bat deep but they do not quite possess the bowling options like Islamabad and the preference goes marginally to Islamabad pre-match.