2021 Pakistan Super League – Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings Preview & Prediction
When is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Wednesday 24th February, 2021 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? National Stadium, Karachi, Pakistan
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Visit this website for the latest ticket information
What channel is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United picked up an excellent win in their first game as they edged past the Multan Sultans in what was a close-fought game after chasing down 150/8 with one over and three wickets to spare.
- It was the depth of their batting that won the game for them as Lews Gregory came in at number seven and smashed an unbeaten 49 from 31 balls while Faheem Ashraf at number eight hit 22 from 12 and they arguably possess the most depth of any team in the tournament.
- They will likely name an unchanged side for this game as while there was plenty to improve upon, they will only benefit from more time out in the middle so expect the same eleven to be named here.
- The Karachi Kings hit the ground running in the opening match against the Quetta Gladiators as they produced a stunning bowling display with all six bowlers taking wickets to skittle their opponents for just 121 which they had no trouble in knocking off.
- While their bowling looked formidable, it was English wicketkeeper/batsman Joe Clarke who produced some superb hitting with 46 from 23 balls to give them great optimism for the remainder of the tournament and their batting is looking formidable.
- Despite Lahore Qalandars' Rashid Khan departing for international duty with Afghanistan, Mohammad Nabi is not part of the Test squad after retiring back in 2019 so he will stay with the Kings until the T20 series and that means they will likely go unchanged for this game.
Two of the more impressive teams from the opening round meet here as Islamabad United meet Karachi Kings in what promises to be a great game. The Kings produced the standout performance of the tournament so far in the opening match of PSL 6 and they will be flying with confidence coming into this game. Islamabad will be fired up against the Kings but while there were plenty of positives in their performance, not all of their players were in particularly good form. The Kings looked very sharp in all facets of the game and they are favoured to pick up another win here.