2019 Mzansi Super League – Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat taking place? Thursday 21st November, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat taking place? SuperSport Park, Centurion
What is the expected weather for Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat? 25c with a small chance of rain
What television channel is Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Tshwane Spartan endured a slow and frustrating start to their MSL 2019 campaign as their opening two games were washed out but they followed that up with a stunning run chase against Paarl Rocks as they chased down 185/6 with five balls to spare and eight wickets.
- In a match where they scored 188 across their four batsmen that came to the crease, the biggest surprise was that legend AB de Villiers only contributed 19 of those runs as it was Dean Elgar who led the way with an impressive unbeaten 88 from 60 balls and he was well supported by Theunis de Bruyn and Heinrich Klaasen who hit 42 and 31 respectively.
- The batting has a formidable look about it now but it is arguably their bowling attack that is their real strength with Morkel, Ngidi, Curran, Sipamla and Van der Merwe, but they will now want to step up and produce the goods against the Heat.
- Similar to Tshwane Spartans, Durban Heat had their opening two matches washed out but they got off to a losing start when they did finally get in the middle for a completed match as they lost by 10 runs to Cape Town Blitz.
- All-rounder Wihan Lubbe was their most impressive performer in the defeat last time out as he came in at number three and smashed 83 from 42 balls, but they still fell short of the 175 target as not enough of the players around him contributed with the bat.
- The bowling unit is strong with Abbott, Maharaj and Phehlukwayo forming a quality attack but the batting looks one of the weaker line-ups in the competition so they have to find some form quickly or risk falling out of contention.
These two teams come into this match having only played one completed game each as they have seen two matches apiece washed out due to bad weather. In the one game they did play, it was the Spartans that made the greater impression with an excellent victory and they look the real deal. The Heat on the other hand did not look convincing and the Spartans have the edge with both bat and ball in terms of quality. There is a risk of some rain once again but the Spartans have to be favoured if this match can be completed.