2019 Mzansi Super League – Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans Preview & Prediction
When is Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans taking place? Sunday 17th November, 2019 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans taking place? Boland Park, Paarl
What is the expected weather for Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans? 22c and sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Tshwane Spartans beat Paarl Rocks by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Paarl Rocks come into this game following one washed out match against Durban Heat and a comprehensive victory over Cape Town Blitz so confidence will be high as they welcome Tshwane Spartans to Boland Park.
- They are boosted by the arrival of England batsman James Vince who has arrived in South Africa and is expected to be available to play this match and his inclusion will bolster their batting line-up significantly.
- Sibonelo Makhanya appears most likely to drop out for Vince which is somewhat harsh after his cameo innings against Cape Town Blitz, but their bowling unit remains strong and the batting will be even stronger as Vince lines up alongside Delport, Davids and Du Plessis.
- It has been a frustrating start for Tshwane Spartans as they have had both of their matches washed out although the rain did them a favour against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants last time out when they were 33/4 after 7.1 overs when the heavens opened.
- They are boosted by the arrival of England bowler Tom Curran who arrived on the same plane as Vince from New Zealand, and he will add another threat to their impress unit that already boasts Morkel, Ngidi and Sipamla, although spinner Waqar Salamkheil is expected to come in for the slow track at Boland Park.
- Corbin Bosch may be the man to make way for Curran while they may consider resting Sipamla if they do decide to bring in another spinner but they will be reluctant to weaken their batting after the shaky start last time out.
Paarl Rocks come into this game with Tshwane Spartans with good confidence and the arrival of James Vince will only add to that. They have quality throughout the team and good balance to the side, as do the Spartans although the visitors have only had seven overs out in the middle due to the bad weather in South Africa. The Rocks are strong at home and will relish the conditions, which may just about give them the edge in what should be a close-fought match.