2019 Mzansi Super League – Paarl Rocks vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Preview & Prediction
When is Paarl Rocks vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants taking place? Sunday 8th December, 2019 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Paarl Rocks vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants taking place? Boland Park, Paarl
What is the expected weather for Paarl Rocks vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants? 31c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Paarl Rocks vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Paarl Rocks vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Paarl Rocks vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Paarl Rocks beat Nelson Mandela Bay Giants by 31 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Paarl Rocks come into this final match against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants knowing a victory will be enough to see them through to the play-offs and seal a top three place but their form has been a little patchy with two defeats in their last three games.
- The Rocks will be hoping to count upon Dwaine Pretorius who has been struggling with a fracture in his right hand but they may risk the all-rounder for such an important match although it could well affect his performance if he does play.
- Otherwise, they will likely name an unchanged side as their batting has been in sensational form of late was they registered 195/2 batting first last time out but they will be demanding an improved bowling display as spin duo Shamsi and Fortuin will look to get back to their form from earlier in the tournament.
NELSON MANDELA BAY GIANTS
- The Bay Giants made a superb start to MSL 2019 going unbeaten in their first five matches which was followed by a brief wobble as they lost their next two games, but they are warming up nicely for the knockout phase with two consecutive wins.
- The Port Elizabeth outfit are the only team confirmed to be in the knockout phase as they come into this final round of matches so there is a chance that they will ease off the gas potentially but they will want to take some momentum into the play-offs and they can seal a place in the final with a win here.
- Ben Dunk’s stunning form continued last time out as he smashed 75 to follow up his unbeaten 99 in the previous game but the way the rest of the batting line-up collapsed in that game will be a concern and they will want to get some form under their belts here.
The top two teams in then MSL face off in their final group game and there is plenty on the line as the Rocks need a win to make sure of their place in the top three, while the Bay Giants can move directly into the final with a win. The Rocks batting has been excellent of late but their bowling has left a lot to be desired and that must improve. They will take confidence from the fact that they have already beaten the Bay Giants once already, and with the greater urgency and home advantage on their side, they can just edge this on