When is Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks taking place? Sunday 1st December, 2019 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks taking place? The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
What is the expected weather for Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks? 31c and sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Paarl Rocks beat Jozi Stars by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The disastrous campaign for Jozi Stars continues as the defending champions have lost all six matches played so far and they have nothing but pride to play for at this stage with four games remaining.
- Chris Gayle departed South Africa with a farewell fifty last time out against Tshwane Spartans but his form was otherwise disappointing and they now welcome Pakistani all-rounder Shoaib Malik who comes off an excellent Caribbean Premier League campaign and should boost them.
- It would be no surprise if there are further changes to the team as they try to find a winning formula but ultimately the batsmen have to improve drastically as they have failed to score more than 135 in their last four matches played.
- Paarl Rocks’ recent good run of form was brought to an end on Friday as they were hammered by Tshwane Spartans who bowled them out for just 126 and then knocked the runs off with five overs to spare.
- The batting has been one of their main strengths in the tournament so far but the below-par total was the fundamental reason for their defeat as after an explosive start by Delport and Davids hitting 48 from the opening 3.5 overs, they capitulated to 126 all out and they will be keen to bounce back against the struggling Stars.
- Spin duo Fortuin and Shamsi have been outstanding in the tournament so far but they struggled to make an impact last time out given they had such a small total to defend, but they will be keen to do well against the Stars against whom they conceded just 41 total runs from their eight overs when they met earlier in the tournament.
It is difficult to have any real confidence in the Jozi Stars despite possessing so many top calibre players as something is clearly wrong after six defeats in six games. They face a Paarl Rocks team that are coming off a defeat themselves but have been one of the stronger teams in recent weeks. They already hold a comfortable six-wicket win over the Stars earlier in the tournament as they chased down their target with 3.5 overs to spare. While the arrival of Shoaib Malik will boost the Stars, the Rocks clearly have the edge and they can compound the Stars' difficult MSL campaign.