2019 Mzansi Super League Final – Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans Preview & Prediction
When is Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans taking place? Monday 16th December, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans taking place? Boland Park, Paarl
What is the expected weather for Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans? 33c and sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Tshwane Spartans beat Paarl Rocks by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Paarl Rocks come into the Mzansi Super League final with plenty of confidence in their squad having the best record in this tournament up to this point but they come up against a team that has inflicted two of their three defeats this year.
- They could be boosted by the return of all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius who has been recovering from a fractured finger on his right hand over three weeks ago and he will play if he passes a fitness test before the match.
- His inclusion would be massive and add depth with both bat and ball as he would likely replace Sibonelo Makhanya or Kerwin Mungroo and that is the only likely change to the side as the team has been in excellent form ahead of this final.
- Tshwane Spartans reached the final by progressing through the qualifier against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants who they beat by six wickets and they will take confidence from the fact they have beaten the Rocks twice this year and in all four previous meetings in this tournament.
- The Spartans have been dealt a major blow by the news that Lungi Ngidi has been ruled out of the final with his hamstring injury so that does weaken their bowling attack somewhat although they did not feel his absence too much in the qualifier as the arrival of all-rounder David Wiese was huge for them with bat and ball.
- They will be desperately hoping that Wiaan Mulder has recovered from his troublesome back injury which saw him miss the game against the Bay Giants as he would bolster the batting and bowling units, thought they are without Tom Curran who has departed for the Big Bash.
Tshwane Spartans will have plenty of confidence coming up against Paarl Rocks who they have beaten in all four previous meetings coming into this final. This match is billed as Faf du Plessis versus AB de Villiers but there are plenty more stars on show who will help decide this game. The batting is pretty equal when analysing the two teams although much will depend on whether Pretorius plays for the Rocks and Mulder can play for the Spartans as they are two key all-rounders that could make a big difference. In terms of the bowling attacks, the spin duo of Fortuin and Shamsi may just make the difference for the Rocks as they have throughout this tournament and lead them to their first ever win over the Spartans.