2019 Mzansi Super League – Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks Preview & Prediction
When is Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks taking place? Friday 15th November, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks taking place? Kingsmead, Durban
What is the expected weather for Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks? 21c and rain forecast throughout the day
What television channel is Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Durban Heat vs Paarl Rocks? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Paarl Rocks beat Durban Heat by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durban Heat have been kicking their heels on the sidelines without being involved in a single over of cricket in MSL 2019 so far as their one match against Tshwane Spartans was washed out without a ball being bowled.
- Despite not playing a match yet, Heat head coach Gary Kirsten has revealed they have a couple of injury worries with local fast bowlers Daryn Dupavillion and Marco Jansen both struggling with knocks, and they will be hoping at least one of them can recover to play a part here.
- English duo Alex Hales and Ravi Bopara have both been in Durban itching to get on the field, and veteran captain Dane Vilas will lead the team with a strong core group of local players such as Andile Phehlukwayo, David Miller, Keshav Maharaj, Kyle Abbott, and Khaya Zondo.
- Paarl Rocks made a sensational start to their MSL 2019 campaign on Sunday, hammering Cape Town Blitz by 86 runs as they bowled the visitors out for just 84 after posting a strong total of 170/9.
- What will have pleased the coaching team and captain Faf Du Plessis will have been the fact that all players made contributions as three of them had innings between 30-40 runs to post a competitive total without having to rely on one individual - especially after overcoming the news that JP Duminy will miss the entire tournament through injury.
- The bowling unit was equally as effective as the batting line-up as Du Plessis used six different bowlers, with each one of them taking at least one wicket, and all of them had economy rates of 5.66 or less which will give them great confidence coming into this game with what should be an unchanged team.
Durban Heat are difficult to predict given the fact that they have yet to spend any time out in the middle so far in MSL 2019 but Paarl Rocks certainly have made an impression. Faf du Plessis’ men started their campaign in sensational style tearing through Cape Town Blitz, and they are capable of doing that to any team in the tournament. They have excellent strength throughout and look like a solid unit without some of the star power that other teams possess. It will be tough for Durban Heat to match them here and the Rocks should have too much for them with bat and ball.