2019 Mzansi Super League – Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Preview & Prediction
When is Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants taking place? Saturday 30th November, 2019 – 10:30 (UK)
Where is Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants taking place? Kingsmead, Durban
What is the expected weather for Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants? 27c with sunshine and cloudy spells
What television channel is Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Nelson Mandela Bay Giants beat Durban Heat by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Durban Heat picked up their first win at the sixth attempt on Thursday as they impressively chased down Cape Town Blitz’s total of 181/5 with seven wickets and three balls to spare as skipper Dane Vilas hit an unbeaten 75 from 52 balls to lead the way and close the gap on the teams above them in the play-off spots.
- They know they still have plenty of improvements to make in their performances and most notably that is in the bowling department as they need to become more economical with only Maharaj (6.20) possessing an economy rate of less than 8.33.
- 19-year-old fast bowler Marco Jansen has come into the side for the last two games and at 6’7” he adds a different dimension to the bowling unit but they will want him to be more economical also as he will likely get another chance in what could be an unchanged team.
NELSON MANDELA BAY GIANTS
- Nelson Mandela Bay Giants slipped to their first defeat of this year’s Mzansi Super League this season last time out as they were beaten by 31 runs against Paarl Rocks who have leapfrogged them at the top of the ladder.
- Beuran Hendricks came in for the Rocks game to make his first start of MSL 2019 at the expense of Nandre Burger, but with Burger likely to come back into the side, either Hendricks or one of their other pace bowlers like Junior Dala may be rested.
- Jason Roy’s mixed start to the campaign continued against the Rocks as he suffered his second duck in five innings (0, 31, 1, 50, 0) and they will want more from him at the top of the order rather than continuing to rely on the middle order.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants lost their first match last time out in their sixth game, but the loss to Paarl Rocks does not make them a bad team. They have been one of the most consistent teams across the first half of the group phase and they will be eager to bounce back here. The race for the top three places is tight and they will not want to leave qualification for the knockouts to come down to the wire. They have the edge with both bat and ball, while they also have the comfort of already having beaten the Heat earlier in the tournament. They can pick up another win here and get back to winning ways.