2019 Mzansi Super League – Cape Town Blitz vs Paarl Rocks Preview & Prediction
When is Cape Town Blitz vs Paarl Rocks taking place? Sunday 24th November, 2019 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Cape Town Blitz vs Paarl Rocks taking place? Newlands, Cape Town
What is the expected weather for Cape Town Blitz vs Paarl Rocks? 18c and sunshine with cloudy intervals
What television channel is Cape Town Blitz vs Paarl Rocks on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Cape Town Blitz vs Paarl Rocks in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Cape Town Blitz vs Paarl Rocks? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Paarl Rocks beat Cape Town Blitz by 86 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
CAPE TOWN BLITZ
- Cape Town Blitz come into this match in second place having won three of their five matches played so far but they will be keen to avenge the heavy defeat inflicted by Paarl Rocks earlier in the tournament when they were bowled out for 84.
- They lost last time out to Nelson Mandela Bay Giants by five wickets but there were plenty of positives to take from the batting especially as they racked up 186/9 but that could easily have been over 200 after their top five batsmen all contributed well.
- Their bowlers could not perform to the same level as they conceded 9.67 runs per over and not even Dale Steyn could hold the Bay Giants’ batting line-up so they will be hoping to put in a much-improved display here.
- It has been a mixed start from the Paarl Rocks in MSL 2019 but they will come into this game with good confidence after beating Jozi Stars last time out and from the fact they beat Cape Town Blitz in their first match of this edition.
- James Vince has arrived in South Africa and hit the ground running with 43 last time out to follow his unbeaten 86 in the previous game, so they will expect more from him here although they desperately need Cameron Delport and Faf du Plessis to find some form quickly.
- The bowling unit has been relatively good so far but they could benefit from having a greater wicket-taking threat as Shamsi (5) is the only bowler to have taken more than 3 wickets but they have a economical attack and they will need to be against this strong Blitz batting line-up.
Paarl Rocks decisively won the previous meeting between these two teams earlier in the tournament but this promises to be a much closer affair. Cape Town Blitz’ batting has shown good improvement and they will have to be to match the Rocks’ firepower. So much will depend on the bowling units and the Rocks’ spinners Fortuin and Shamsi took five wickets in the last meeting and caused all kinds of problems to the Blitz batsmen. They may not have the same success on this track in Cape Town and the home team’s bowlers will favour conditions which could swing it their way.