2019 Mzansi Super League – Cape Town Blitz vs Durban Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Cape Town Blitz vs Durban Heat taking place? Thursday 28th November, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Cape Town Blitz vs Durban Heat taking place? Newlands, Cape Town
What is the expected weather for Cape Town Blitz vs Durban Heat? 27c and sunny
What television channel is Cape Town Blitz vs Durban Heat on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Cape Town Blitz vs Durban Heat in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Cape Town Blitz vs Durban Heat? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cape Town Blitz beat Durban Heat by 10 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
CAPE TOWN BLITZ
- It has been a mixed MSL campaign for Cape Town Blitz as after winning three of their opening four matches, they have lost their last two matches so they sit on 13 points in the standings in fourth place and will be desperate to get back to winning ways against a team below them in the ladder.
- The batting has largely been solid and consistent and in Livingstone, De Kock and Malan, they have three players that have scored 163 runs or more so far, but they will be keen to kick on here against Heat’s average bowling attack.
- George Linde and Anrich Nortje missed the two-run defeat at the hands of Paarl Rocks on Sunday but there is a chance that both will return with no injuries being reported as Gregory Mahlokwana is one player that may rotate back out of the side for either of them two.
- It has been a tough start for Durban Heat as they have had three matches washed out and they have lost their other two games as they come off a narrow loss on the penultimate ball against group leaders Nelson Mandela Bay Giants at the weekend.
- Their only other defeat came in their only other completed match as they fell 10 runs short against Cape Town Blitz in Match 9 although that outcome flattered them a little as Wihan Lubbe’s 83 from 42 balls was the only reason why they came close as otherwise they struggled badly.
- The bowling unit desperately need to improve after a poor first half of the tournament and while Maharaj has been fairly economical, the pace bowlers just have not found any rhythm and unless they can produce the goods here against the Blitz’s strong batting line-up, they will struggle once again.
The pressure is on both Cape Town Blitz and Durban Heat coming into this game as the Heat are winless in five matches and the Blitz need a win to move back into the knockout positions as they only have four games left. Blitz have already registered a victory over Heat earlier in the tournament and they will be confident despite losing their last two games. The Cape Town outfit have the edge in quality in both batting and bowling departments, and with the race for the top three knockout places heating up, they know there is no margin for error at the moment.