2019 Mzansi Super League – Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat Preview & Prediction
When is Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat taking place? Saturday 23rd November, 2019 – 10:30 (UK)
Where is Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat taking place? St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
What is the expected weather for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat? 22c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat on in the UK? The match will be shown live on BT Sport/ESPN HD (Sky channel 423)
Where can I stream Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat in the UK? The match can be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat? Visit the official MSL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No result
THE TEAM NEWS
NELSON MANDELA BAY GIANTS
- Nelson Mandela Bay Giants sit at the top of the MSL 2019 ladder after three wins and one no result from their opening four matches, and they have comfortably been the best team in the tournament so far.
- While their bowling attack has been the standout feature of their matches prior to the last game, the batsmen stepped up against Cape Town Blitz and managed to chase down a target of 187 despite being 3/2 after 1.3 overs.
- The opening partnership is one potential weakness with Jason Roy and Matthew Breetzke both falling early, but they bat incredibly deep with Marais at six and Morris at seven, and they continue to be an impressively strong and balanced unit.
- It has been an inauspicious start for Durban Heat who have racked up six points thanks to three washed out matches, and they desperately need to spend some time out in the middle and find some form and momentum.
- The rain may well have saved them from defeat last time out as they were 21/3 from 2.1 overs chasing Tshwane Spartans’ 141/4 in a rain-adjusted 15 overs and there remain questions marks over their batting line-up.
- The bowling unit need to do more as well as the batsmen and the pressure really is on the likes of Abbott, Phehlukwayo and Maharaj to make inroads into this Bay Giants batting line-up if they are to have any chance in this match.
Durban Heat have been frustrated on three occasions by the weather so far, but they have hardly been convincing in the action they have been involved where possible. They have just been lacking in form and sharpness which is not ideal when they come up against the best team in the tournament so far. The Bay Giants have started MSL 2019 in impeccable form with both bat and ball, and they have so many different players producing big performances for them. Even if one or two of them are not at their best, they still have so many matchwinners that they are picking up victories. Barring complacency, it is difficult to see how the Heat can beat them here on current form.