IPL 2020 – Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Preview & Prediction
When is Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? Wednesday 30th September, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders taking place? Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
What is the expected weather for Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders? 37c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Royals are the only team to remain unbeaten in this edition of the IPL as they have outscored Chennai Super King and Kings XI Punjab in two run-fests in Sharjah where both teams in each game scored over 200 runs.
- They now move to Dubai looking to make it three wins out of three and they will have to adjust to the different conditions in terms of the track and the size of the venue especially after the small size of Sharjah favourable to hitting boundaries.
- They remain without the services of Ben Stokes but otherwise an unchanged team is likely and while their bowling unit has been expensive, they should get a chance to perform in Dubai which will offer a more balanced battle between bowlers and batsmen.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- After losing their opening match against Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders bounced back nicely by outplaying Sunrisers Hyderabad last time out by seven wickets and two overs to spare in their run chase.
- The bowling unit was poor in the opening game but bounced back in style against the Sunrisers with Pat Cummins and Andre Russell in excellent form, so they will hope they can produce a similar effort here against the Royals strong batting line-up.
- The opening partnership continues to be fragile for KKR with Narine struggling badly but they appear set to stick with him in that role for now, while his position is certainly not in any threat given his superb bowling, and he will be key once again here.
An excellent match lies in store here with the unbeaten Rajasthan Royals facing off against a star-studded KKR side. The Royals are in fine form and their batting especially has been on fire so far albeit at the small venue in Sharjah but that confidence may help them as they move to Dubai to play KKR. That could well be a decisive factor as they have been able to build some momentum and confidence at the crease, while KKR continue to have issues at the top of their order. The Royals have a marginal edge in bowling and the better form at the top of the order sees us marginally lean towards them although this really is a game that could go either way.