IPL 2020 – Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Preview & Prediction
When is Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Wednesday 28th October, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore taking place? Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
What is the expected weather for Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? 31c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- The form of the Mumbai Indians has dropped off in the last couple of matches as they have lost two of their last three matches so they will be keen to bounce back to winning ways against another team that is likely to join them in the knockout phase.
- That drop in form has coincided with the absence of skipper Rohit Sharma who continued to struggle with a hamstring problem and while he batted in the nets on Monday, he is unlikely to come back into the side yet.
- Changes to the side are therefore unlikely as they will not overreact to the defeat last time out and there are positive signs that Hardik Pandya is finally close to finding his best form after his long layoff.
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
- Royal Challengers Bangalore lost by eight wickets last time out at the hands of Chennai Super Kings so they will want to bounce back here against the Mumbai Indians who they have already beaten once in this edition.
- Despite their loss last time out, the likelihood is that they will go unchanged for this game and they will look for more heroics from De Villiers and Kohli who led them to victory last time the two teams met.
- Moeen Ali returned to the side last time out and contributed with the ball but both him and Chris Morris will be hoping to make a greater impact with the bat if they get time at the crease with neither making a decent score in the limited opportunities they have had.
There is little to choose between these two teams as they both sit on 14 points and know a win will virtually secure them a place in the knockout phase with games running out. Mumbai have the better all-round team but as was shown in the first match between the two sides, if Kohli and De Villiers click into gear, they can lead RCB to victory in any game. The edge goes to Mumbai however with their impressive bowling attack and they will surely show some positive reaction after their poor display against CSK. The first match between these two sides was a classic where both teams scored over 200 and it went to a Super Over and there is every chance this goes all the way too, but Mumbai are the ones marginally preferred.