When is Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Friday 9th October, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals taking place? Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
What is the expected weather for Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals? 37c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a bright start for Delhi Capitals having won four of their opening five matches and their emphatic 59-run win over Royal Challengers Bangalore was one of, if not their best performance of the tournament so far.
- Their batting line-up continues to produce the goods and they have lost just four wickets or less in three of their last four games so the top six is playing extremely well and continues to lay the foundations for their bowlers to defend.
- The bowling unit cannot be underestimated however with Kagiso Rabada in sensational form having taken 12 wickets in five games, and they have great balance in their side which means they will surely go unchanged here.
- After winning their opening two matches, Rajasthan Royals have now lost their last three and their last two losses have been particularly heavily as some of their key men like Sanju Samson and Steve Smith have struggled to contribute.
- Despite Jofra Archer’s best efforts, the bowling unit is also struggling with Tom Curran proving particularly expensive at over 11 per over so that could lead to a change before Ben Stokes is available in the next game and it would be no surprise if the batting was strengthened by adding David Miller.
- Otherwise, the pressure is on the top order to perform and they desperately need to avoid losing so many early wickets which is unquestionably costing them in recent games and that includes Steve Smith who they need more from to support Jos Buttler.
All the momentum is with the Delhi Capitals coming into his game as they have won four of their five games while Rajasthan Royals have lost their last three. The Capitals have been the most impressive team in the tournament so far and they have an incredibly settled team too so their confidence is exceptional right now. The Royals have all kinds of issues with their top order and their bowling attack which makes it very hard to make a case for them right now. Everything is in favour of the Capitals to pick up another win here.