When is Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians taking place? Friday 23rd October, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians taking place? Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
What is the expected weather for Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians? 35c sunny
Where can I get tickets for Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians? IPL 2020 matches will be played without spectators to begin with but the official IPL website will update fans if this situation changes
What channel is Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians on? Sky Sports will be televising this match
Where can I stream Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians? Sky Sports subscribers will be able to stream the match live vis the Sky Go website or app
THE TEAM NEWS
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Chennai Super Kings’ hopes of reaching the top four are all but over now as they sit bottom of the IPL ladder with just six points from ten games and it will take a remarkable set of results to turn it around at this stage.
- They have lost four of their last five games and the defeat last time out against Rajasthan Royals was particularly disappointing and their quest for top four is not helped by an injury to all-rounder Dwayne Bravo who is ruled out for the remainder of the tournament now.
- CSK seem reluctant to let Imran Tahir off the leash so it seems unlikely he will feature here but they will surely consider tinkering with their line-up and batting order once again in an attempt to spark an upturn in fortunes.
- Mumbai Indians bring a 6-3 record into this game and aside from the two losses that have come in Super Overs, their only other defeat inside 20 overs came at the hands of Chennai in the very first game of IPL 2020.
- After losing to Kings XI last time out in a Super Over in a game they should have won, they will be keen to bounce back and they will benefit from the extra day of rest compared to their opponents here.
- Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan are both nursing injuries coming into this game so there is a chance that both will be rested as a precaution so that could see an opportunity for Chris Lynn to be handed his first start of the tournament.
CSK pulled off an excellent win against Mumbai Indians in the first match of IPL 2020 but their fortunes have gone in the opposite directions since that game. Mumbai are on course for another knockout phase appearance and they look incredibly strong once again. Their bowling attack is formidable and their batting throughout is strong and consistent. If they are without Rohit and Ishan for this game, that would weaken them somewhat but they are otherwise the complete package. CSK are fighting for their lives but not enough of their players are in top form. They struggle to score quickly enough with the bat while their bowling is nowhere near as effective as it is back in Chennai. It is hard to make a case for them here and Mumbai can consign them to another loss and deliver the knockout blow.