When is Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka taking place? Monday 27th January, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka taking place? Harare Sports Club, Harare
What is the expected weather for Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka? Temperatures will range from 23c-30c during the five days but thunderstorms and rain could be a factor over several days
What channel is Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka? Tickets for this match can be purchased at the stadium!
Sri Lanka beat Zimbabwe by 10 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Zimbabwe put up a good fight in their first Test match for a year but they could not match their efforts with the bat in their first innings as they were bowled out for 170 in the second which only just saw them surpass Sri Lanka’s effort in their first innings.
- That meant a 10 wicket loss for the hosts as Sri Lanka scored the few runs they needed to secure the win with Zimbabwe needing to improve with the ball in the second Test if they are to level the series.
- Zimbabwe named an inexperienced for the first game with four players handed debuts and Charlton Tshuma is likely to come into the side to make his Test bow in what is likely to be one of a couple of changes..
- Sri Lanka had a couple of standout performers in their opening Test win over Zimbabwe and they will hope to build on that performance as they attempt to secure a 2-0 series whitewash by claiming this second match..
- Lasith Embuldeniya finished with 7-188 over the course of the game for his best combined figures in a Test match whilst Angelo Mathews stole the show with the bat as he notched a fantastic unbeaten 200 for a career-best knock.
- Sri Lanka have the option of rotating their side and the likes of Lakshan Sandakan and Lahiru Thirimanne will hope for some game time as they aim to put a case forward to break into the side.
Zimbabwe showed some good signs in their first Test match in a year but their lack of experience and quality cost them as they went down to Sri Lanka. The tourists got better as the game progressed and were worthy winners with the Sri Lankans eager to seal the series with another win in this contest. Zimbabwe’s inexperienced side will take a lot from the first game but the difference in class between the two teams is likely to tell again with Sri Lanka able to claim another victory.