When is Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka taking place? Sunday 19th January, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka taking place? Harare Sports Club, Harare
What is the expected weather for Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka? Temperatures will range from 21c-27c during the five days but thunderstorms and rain could be a factor over several days
What channel is Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka? Tickets for this match can be purchased at the stadium!
Sri Lanka beat Zimbabwe by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Zimbabwe will end their year-long wait for a Test match as they host Sri Lanka in a two-match series and will hope to build on the last time they turned out in November 2018 when they drew with Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh were able to tie the series in the second and final game of that series after Zimbabwe had produced an impressive display in the first Test to claim a victory by 151 runs.
- Zimbabwe will be without seamer Tendai Chatara due to a bicep injury but that opens the door for Victor Nyauchi and Charlton Tshuma to compete for a place in the side whilst uncapped trio Kevin Kasuza, Brian Mudzinganyama and Ainsley Ndlovu will all also hope to make their debuts.
- Sri Lanka have not had a huge amount of success in the Test arena over the last couple of years but this series against Zimbabwe presents them with a chance to build some confidence ahead of tougher challenges ahead.
- The last time these two teams met was in 2017 when Sri Lanka won the solitary Test by claiming a four-wicket win and they will be hoping to claim a whitewash in this two-match series.
- Suranga Lakmal makes a welcome return to the Sri Lankan squad after he missed his country’s last Test series against Pakistan and while most of that squad remains for this series, Asitha Fernando and Kusal Perera are both omitted.
Zimbabwe will be eager to demonstrate their talents as they play their first red-ball series for just over a year. Sri Lanka will be their opponents in this two-match series who have plenty to prove after failing to impress in recent times. They lost their last series against Pakistan and will be eager to atone for that here having named a similar squad that featured in those two matches. Zimbabwe are likely to field an inexperienced side and although they will be competitive, they are likely to fall short in this opening Test.