West Indies vs India – 1st Test Preview & Prediction
When is West Indies vs India taking place? Thursday 22nd August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is West Indies vs India taking place? Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs India? Temperatures of around 29c throughout the Test with sun more often than not but there could be some showers
What channel is West Indies vs India on? West Indies vs India will be televised on Sky Sports Mix and via the red button
Where can I stream West Indies vs India? West Indies vs India will be streamed live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs India? https://www.zoonga.com/indiatour
India beat West Indies by 10 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- West Indies will be looking to end a disastrous series on a high as they turn their attentions to the longer format of the game after seriously struggling in the two shorter formats with them failing to win a single game against India.
- They lost all three T20 clashes and two ODIs with the other being washed out and that run of form may leave the Windies low on confidence especially with them possessing several lightly-exposed Test players in the squad.
- John Campbell retains his place in the Test squad after making his debut earlier in the year as he becomes a prominent figure across all three formats and will be joined by the uncapped Shamarh Brooks and Rahkeem Cornwall.
- India will be hoping to continue their whitewash of the West Indies as they begin the two-match Test series after a very successful time in the T20s and ODIs looking for their first ever win across all formats whilst playing in the Caribbean.
- Skipper Virat Kohli is a slight doubt ahead of the first Test due to a thumb injury he sustained in the final ODI but the signs are that he should be able to shake it off in time to lead his side out in this game.
- Ajinkya Rahane is under pressure to perform following some poor outings recently whilst India have some question marks as to who will open with Mayank Agawal with both Hanuma Vihari and KL Rahul fighting it out.
India will be looking to continue where they left off with the white ball as they attempt to beat the West Indies across all three formats of the game. The Indians have not lost a game on this tour so far and will now look to assert that authority in the Test arena. The task looks even more daunting for the Windies as they face a team who have defeated them in 21 consecutive Test matches they have faced each other. The tourists have several Test specialists to come into their side with some who are well rested too and they should have too much for their hosts in this first Test.