2020 Super League – Leeds Rhinos vs Huddersfield Giants Preview & Prediction
When is Leeds Rhinos vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Friday 11th September, 2020 – 20:15 (UK)
Where is Leeds Rhinos vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Totally Wicked Stadium
What is the expected weather for Leeds Rhinos vs Huddersfield Giants? 15c, cloudy
What channel is Leeds Rhinos vs Huddersfield Giants on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Leeds Rhinos vs Huddersfield Giants? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for Leeds Rhinos vs Huddersfield Giants? Click here for the official Super League ticket section
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Huddersfield Giants 26-27 Leeds Rhinos
THE TEAM NEWS
- Leeds Rhinos saw their game with Wakefield Trinity postponed last week owing to the need for their opposition to stand down as a COVID-19 precaution so they will come into this clash on the back of a week off.
- They hammered Salford Red Devils in their last outing as they racked up 50 points in the one-sided affair and the Rhinos will be desperate to get back out on the pitch as they look to build on that.
- The top four is within touching distance for the Rhinos but they must put a winning run together and their chances will be boosted in this one as they are able to call upon the services of Konrad Hurrell following a hamstring injury.
21-man squad: L. Briscoe, T. Briscoe, Donaldson, Dwyer, Gale, Handley, Holroyd, Hurrell, Leeming, Lui, Martin, McLelland, Mellor, Myler, Newman, Oledzki, Prior, Seumanufagai, A. Sutcliffe, L. Sutcliffe, Thompson
Unavailable: Jack Walker, Dom Crosby, Stevie Ward, Cameron Smith, Adam Cuthbertson
Questionable: Alex Mellor, James Donaldson, Konrad Hurrell
- Huddersfield Giants were on the end of a big loss against St. Helens as their winless restart to the season continued and they must find a way to get back to winning ways or fall out of contention for the play-offs.
- Missing a host of first-team players, the Giants were unable to live with the reigning champions as Saints ran out 6-54 winners but the Huddersfield squad looks a lot stronger this week and they will hope to put up a better challenge here.
- Chris McQueen arrived on a short-term deal from Wests Tigers last week and he could be thrust straight into the action here while the likes of Ashton Golding, Darnell McIntosh and Aidan Sezer are also included in the 21-man squad.
21-man squad: Cudjoe, Edwards, English, Gavet, Golding, Hewitt, Holmes, Lawrence, McGillvary, McIntosh, McQueen, O’Brien, Russell, L. Senior, Sezer, Trout, Turner, Ja. Wardle, Jo. Wardle, Wilson, Wood
Unavailable: Jon Luke Kirby, Chester Butler, Aaron Murphy, Adam Walne, Lee Gaskell, Ukuma Ta’ai, Suaia Matagi
Questionable: Darnell McIntosh, Michael Lawrence, Aidan Sezer, Jake Wardle, Ashton Golding
Leeds Rhinos and Huddersfield Giants played out a sensational contest in their first game back in Super League action last month and the pair will do battle once again in what is an important clash. The two teams both have ambitions of finishing in the top four but need to find some consistency. Leeds were brilliant in their last outing against Salford Red Devils while Huddersfield were hammered by St. Helens and the team news for the Giants will be crucial having named a severely under-strength side last week. The Rhinos look to be clicking into gear and should be able to come out on top here but another high-scoring affair is anticipated between the two with this game likely to produce at least 46 points.