2020 Super League – Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants Preview & Prediction
When is Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Thursday 24th September, 2020 – 20:15 (UK)
Where is Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants taking place? Halliwell Jones Stadium
What is the expected weather for Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants? 9c, mostly cloudy
What channel is Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for Castleford Tigers vs Huddersfield Giants? Click here for the official Super League ticket section
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Huddersfield Giants 0-24 Castleford Tigers
THE TEAM NEWS
- Castleford Tigers will have appreciated the week off after losing two games in the space of four days, the second of which was a Challenge Cup clash with Hull FC in which they looked extremely tired.
- In what has been an inconsistent season for the Tigers, they will hope to have renewed vigour as they attempt to challenge for the top four but they will need to put a winning run together having won just one of their last five league matches.
- Cas will be without the likes of Jake Trueman, Peter Mata’utia and Adam Milner but they are boosted by the return of Matt Cook and Jesse Sene-Lefao while Jack Sanderson could make his debut after he was named in the 21-man squad.
21-man squad: Blair, Clare, Cook, Eden, Griffin, Hepi, Holmes, Massey, McMeeken, McShane, Millington, O’Brien, Olpherts, O’Neill, Peachey, Richardson, Sanderson, Sene-Lefao, Shenton, Turner, Watts
Unavailable: Sosaia Feki, Jake Trueman, Daniel Smith, Alex Foster, Junior Moors, Adam Milner, Peter Mata’utia
Questionable: Matt Cook, Jesse Sene-Lefao
- Huddersfield Giants earned their first victory since the Super League resumed as they overcame Wakefield Trinity last week to hand interim head coach Luke Robinson a victory in his first game in charge.
- The Giants parted company with Simon Woolford in the lead up to that contest and the move paid dividends as Robinson was able to guide his side to a comfortable 6-29 success to end a run of five straight losses in the league.
- Lee Gaskell could return for this clash after he was named in a 20-man squad following a six-week absence with a thumb injury but the Giants remain without a plethora of players including Adam O’Brien, Ukuma Ta’ai and Matty English.
20-man squad: Cudjoe, Edwards, Gaskell, Gavet, Golding, Holmes, Lawrence, Matagi, McGillvary, McIntosh, McQueen, Russell, Sezer, Stevens, Trout, Turner, Ja. Wardle, Wilson, Wood, Young
Unavailable: Jon Luke Kirby, Chester Butler, Aaron Murphy, Adam Walne, Ukuma Ta’ai, Adam O’Brien, Joe Wardle, Matty English, Louis Senior, Sam Hewitt
Questionable: Lee Gaskell
Huddersfield Giants handed Luke Robinson the victory in his opening game in interim charge and he will hope his side can build on that as they take on Castleford Tigers. Both teams will be eager to earn the win to stay in touch with the top four but for the Tigers, they will have to show some big improvements on their previous outing against Hull FC. They looked tired in that Challenge Cup loss and although they should be fresh following a week off, they are missing some key players for this clash. Lee Gaskell’s potential return for the Giants could be pivotal and if he is fit enough to line-up alongside Aidan Sezer in the halves, that playmaking quality should give Huddersfield the edge in this one.