When is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? Thursday, December 19th (5am UK time)
Where is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? National Stadium, Karachi
What is the expected weather for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? 21-25c with cloudy spells but there is a minimal chance of rain over the five days
What channel is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka on? Pakistan vs Sri Lanka will be televised live in the UK on SONY MAX HD (Sky channel 715)
Where can I stream Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? Pakistan vs Sri Lanka will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? Tickets can be purchased for this match here!
Pakistan drew with Sri Lanka
THE TEAM NEWS
- Pakistan produced a rousing finish to the first Test with some cheer for the supporters in attendance after a very disruptive match finally produced a full day of play with the poor weather staying away to allow for a superb batting display.
- Abid Ali and Babar Azam both produced unbeaten centuries as they combined for an unbroken partnership of 162 but it was the latter who really got the pulses racing with his strike rate of just under 80 having scored 102 off just 128 deliveries.
- The 109 scored by Abid on debut secured his place in the history books as he became the first man to score a century on Test and ODI debuts and he will hope to carry on where he left off in this second match with a lot more play expected.
- Sri Lanka will try not to read too much into their poor showing on the final day of the first Test match against Pakistan but it will have given them food for thought after the bowling unit struggled to find a way to break the resistance of Abid Ali and Babar Azam.
- The Sri Lankans ended the first Test on 308/6 as they declared to give their bowlers some time with the ball after Dhananjaya de Silva had reached his century but they failed to produce with the result already inevitable.
- Kasun Rajitha took an early wicket to remove Shan Masood for a duck while Lahiru Kumara also did well as he ended with figures with 1-46 from 14 overs which included four maidens and that pair are likely to have a big role to play in this second Test.
After all of the build-up to the first Test match to be held in Pakistan in over 10 years, the weather ruined the historic occasion. The forecast looks a lot better for this second Test and there should be a lot more play as a result. Both teams showed some decent signs in their limited time at the crease in the first Test but it was Pakistan that will be happier with their work. They have laid some good foundations for this second Test and should be able to build on those to pick up the victory.