2020 NRL – Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights Preview & Prediction
When is Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Friday 25th September, 2020 – 09:00 (UK)
Where is Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights taking place? Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
What is the expected weather for Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights? 22c, clear skies
What channel is Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLD COAST TITANS
Starting 13: Brimson, Don, Kelly, Tonumaipea, Spry, Taylor, Fogarty, Wallace, Rein, Fotuaika, Proctor, Stone, Peachey – Interchanges: Boyd, Lisone, Arrow, Whitbread – Reserves: Farmer, Thompson, Sami, Peats
Unavailable: Ryan James (Injured), Jonus Pearson (Injured), Dale Copley (Injured), Jaimin Jolliffe (Injured), Keegan Hipgrave (Injured), Beau Fermor (Injured), Erin Clark (Personal Reasons)
- Gold Coast Titans made it four wins in a row and they will be eager to make it five to seal ninth spot in what would represent a superb season in head coach Justin Holbrook’s first year in charge.
- The Titans surpassed 40 points in their 24-42 success against Manly Sea Eagles last week and they will be hoping to build on that brilliant attacking display in which they ran in eight tries to continue their fine run of form.
- There is just one change to last week’s side with Corey Thompson making way for the returning Brian Kelly, although he will slot in at centre which sees Treymain Spry shifting to the wing.
Starting 13: Ponga, Lee, Tuala, Best, Hunt, Lino, Pearce, Klemmer, Mann, D. Saifiti, Mata’utia, Guerra, Barnett – Interchanges: Randall, J. Saifiti, Ese’ese, Jones – Reserves: King, Shibasaki, To’a, Momoisea
Unavailable: Jayden Brailey (Injured), Andrew McCullough (Injured), Connor Watson (Injured), Blake Green (Injured), Lachlan Fitzgibbon (Injured)
- Newcastle Knights were rewarded for a lightning start to their game with St. George Illawarra Dragons as they crossed twice in the opening ten minutes before adding another three tries before the break on their way to a comfortable win.
- Leading 30-6 at half-time, the Knights knew they had done enough as they took their foot off the gas in the second half but they will be content with their efforts in the 42-18 success that saw them leap into sixth spot.
- They can now secure a home elimination final by beating Gold Coast Titans and they are boosted by the return of Kurt Mann from suspension as well outside backs Edrick Lee and Bradman Best in a timely boost ahead of the play-offs.
Gold Coast Titans have caught the eye this season and coupled with an impressive recruitment drive for next year, they will deem this campaign as a real success. They will look to end 2020 with a fifth successive victory as they host Newcastle Knights in what will be a good challenge for the Titans as they look to mix it with a side that will compete in the finals. The Knights will be desperate to win themselves as they look to secure a home elimination final but with both teams notching 42 points in their respective matches last week, another high-scoring encounter could be on the cards here with at least 44 points likely.