2020 NRL – Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys Preview & Prediction
When is Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? Thursday 24th September, 2020 – 10:50 (UK)
Where is Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys taking place? Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
What is the expected weather for Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys? 18c, clear skies
What channel is Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys on? Sky Sports Arena will be televising selected NRL games in the UK and you can find their schedule here. For Australian broadcasters, you can find a list here
Where can I stream Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys? If televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go. Alternatively, the match will be available to subscribers of Watch NRL
Where can I get tickets for Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys? Click here for ticket information on 2020 NRL matches
THE TEAM NEWS
Starting 13: Boyd, Coates, Arthars, Farnworth, Kennar, Staggs, Dearden, Ofahengaue, Luke, Haas, Riki, Glenn, Carrigan – Interchanges: Paix, Te’o, Oates, Hopoate – Reserves: Kennedy, Bullemor, O’Sullivan, Croft
Unavailable: Jack Bird (Injured), Keenan Palasia (Injured), Tesi Niu (Injured), Tevita Pangai Jnr. (Disciplinary), Matt Lodge (Injured), Thomas Flegler (Injured), Jake Turpin (Injured), Anthony Milford (Injured), David Fifita (Injured), Tyson Gamble (Injured)
- Brisbane Broncos face the very real humiliating possibility of collecting the wooden spoon after they were defeated for the tenth game in a row as they went down to Parramatta Eels last week.
- That loss coupled with Canterbury Bulldogs’ shock win over South Sydney Rabbitohs means that the Broncos come into this Queensland derby knowing only a win will give them any chance of avoiding the spoon.
- The Broncos have rolled the dice this week by handing Kotoni Staggs the #6 shirt as they look to utilise their gun attacking weapon in a more hands-on role while Darius Boyd will play his final NRL match before he retires.
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Starting 13: Holmes, Feldt, Taulagi, Asi, Tabuai-Fidow, Drinkwater, Clifford, McGuire, Cotter, McLean, Cooper, Dunn, Taumalolo – Interchanges: Asiata, Gilbert, Jensen, Molo – Reserves: Pere, Granville, Condon, O’Neill
Unavailable: Reece Robson (Injured), Michael Morgan (Injured)
- North Queensland Cowboys lost for the second game in a row as they were comfortably beaten by Penrith Panthers last week but they can end their season on a high by condemning Queensland rivals Brisbane Broncos to the wooden spoon with a win here.
- It has been a poor season for the Cowboys and they will be hoping for a much-improved year under incoming head coach Todd Payten but they will be eager to end 2020 well by attempting to win just their fifth game of the year.
- They are boosted by the return of Josh McGuire for this clash with the forward available after serving a ban while John Asiata is also a welcome addition to the bench after he too completed a suspension.
It would have been unthinkable at the start of the season to envisage Brisbane Broncos collecting the wooden spoon but they are now the favourites to do having dropped into last spot on the ladder ahead of this Round 20 clash. They must beat Queensland rivals North Queensland Cowboys to have any chance of avoiding the ignominy of finishing last but their fellow under-achievers will be keen to end their own season on a high while also sealing the Broncos’ fate. Both teams are likely to throw caution to the wind and that should lead to a high-scoring contest that produces at least 45.5 points.