When is England vs Pakistan taking place? Wednesday 5th August, 2020 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is England vs Pakistan taking place? Old Trafford, Manchester
What is the expected weather for England vs Pakistan? 23-27c with rain on the first morning of the Test which could delay the start but otherwise sunshine with cloudy intervals is forecast
What channel is England vs Pakistan on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Pakistan? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for England vs Pakistan? This match will be played without spectators
England beat Pakistan by an innings and 55 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- After their slow start to the Test series against West Indies, England showed their quality and class by winning the next two and sealing that series and the match practice along with the fact they won will serve them well ahead of this next series against Pakistan.
- They have named an unchanged 14-man squad to that which was chosen for the third Test against West Indies and much will depend on the fitness of Ben Stokes and whether he has shaken off his quadricep injury sufficiently to enable him to bowl and subsequently allow them name another batsman in Zak Crawley.
- The batting line-up speaks for itself other than the uncertainty over Stokes’ role but the bowling attack could see further rotations and the selectors will almost certainly use this series to rotate once again with none of the quick bowlers expected to play more than two of them which is a testimony to the quality and depth they possess.
- Pakistan have played just one Test match in 2020 so far and that was back in February against Bangladesh who they beat by an innings and 44 runs but there could very well be some rusty performances given the six-month lay-off they have endured.
- Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq has named a 16-nan squad for this Test and they will assess conditions on the morning of the game before settling on their eleven but Misbah has already suggested he will look to bat first as runs on the board were shown to be key in the recent series between England and the West Indies.
- There is a chance that they will field both leg-spinners Yasir Shah and Shadab Khan given how well both can play with the bat also and that would be along with three seamers so that will only increase the pressure on the top order and Babar Azam especially to perform with the bat.
Pakistan are the latest team to tour England and they will offer a stern test for the hosts but England will certainly have advantage coming into this series. Their bowlers and batsmen have solid form behind them and they performed better in every game they played against the West Indies. That should give them a head start against Pakistan who will have plenty of energy but the lack of playing time may be the difference here. England’s batsmen should have the edge and that should see them win this opening Test at Old Trafford.