When is Afghanistan vs West Indies taking place? Wednesday, November 27th (03:30 UK time)
Where is Afghanistan vs West Indies taking place? Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
What is the expected weather for Afghanistan vs West Indies? 25c with the odd shower possibly but largely sunshine
What channel is Afghanistan vs West Indies on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Afghanistan vs West Indies? This match can be streamed live for users that have a Betfair account
Where can I get tickets for Afghanistan vs West Indies? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
THE TEAM NEWS
- Afghanistan picked up some much-needed confidence by winning the last two T20 matches against the West Indies and subsequently the series, so they can now switch attentions to the Test format where they will look to will look to build on their two recent wins in 2019 against Ireland and Bangladesh.
- They will once again be led by star man Rashid Khan but he will need plenty of support around him by experienced campaigners such as Asghar Afghan, Ihsanullah Janat, Rahmat Shah who will be vital for leadership as well as their batting.
- In the tour match last week against the Windies, the likes of Ihsanullah and Ibrahim Zadran got some much-needed time in the middle as the duo hit 84 and 76 respectively which will give them some confidence and they will need some solid batting to compete here in what is just their fourth ever Test match.
- West Indies come into his game with motivation to do well ahead of a tough series against India on the horizon and they know they will want to sharpen up their performance levels against Afghanistan first.
- Jomel Warrican and Rahkeem Cornwall combined for nine wickets in the first innings of the recent tour match and given the conditions, the spin duo could well be handed a chance here although it is more likely that just one of them will join Roston Chase in the side.
- While the batting has been Afghanistan’s weakness in recent times, the same too could be said for the Windies as they go through something of a transition, and they need the likes of Shai Hope to vastly improve upon their recent record in this format of the game.
West Indies were stunned in the T20 series as they lost 2-1 after winning the first match but they have a much-changed set of players for the one-off Test against Afghanistan. Neither battling line-up particularly convinces right now and the Windies will find it difficult against the spin attack of the Afghans. That said, they did well against them in the ODIs and T20s and they know they have to adjust quickly with a series against India following this. A result is likely as the weather will be fine and neither batting line-up is good enough to bat for long spells, but one would expect the Windies to show their quality ultimately and get the win.