When is West Indies vs Pakistan taking place? Wednesday, July 28th, 2021 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is West Indies vs Pakistan taking place? Kensington Oval, Bridgetown
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs Pakistan? 29c with sunny intervals and a moderate breeze
What channel is West Indies vs Pakistan on? The match will be televised live on BT Sport in the UK
Where can I stream West Indies vs Pakistan? BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website and app
Pakistan beat West Indies by eight wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- After a positive Covid-19 test forced West Indies’ ODI series with Australia to overrun, this T20i series with Pakistan will now be a four-match affair as opposed to five.
- Whilst the Windies were beaten 1-2 by the Aussies in the 50 over games, they had far better luck in the T20i series, beating them 4-1 across the five-match series and have every reason to be confident of further success here against Pakistan.
- Captain Kieron Pollard was absent for the entire T20i leg of Australia tour of West Indies, but he recovered in time to feature in the ODIs and will lead a side containing numerous big hitting batters such as Nicholas Pooran, Andre Russell and Chris Gayle.
- Pakistan head to West India off the back of a thrilling three-match T20i series with England that saw them narrowly lose 2-1 after a thrilling decider at Old Trafford which went the way of the hosts.
- Most pleasing for Pakistan coming away from that series was the form of their two key batters, captain Babar Azam and wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan, both no doubt set to play an important role once again vs the Windies.
- Left-arm fast bowler Shaheen Afridi will spearhead the tourists’ bowling attack alongside the right-handed Haris Rauf, whilst Shadab Khan and Imad Wasim offer right-arm and left-arm spin-bowling combinations.
It will be interesting to see how quickly a number of West Indies players can make the transition from 50 over cricket to 20 over cricket in such a short period of time, having only just completed their ODI series with Australia. Pakistan will have taken a number of positives from their tour of England. However, the fact is that they are still very much reliant on either Babar and/or Rizwan to accrue a big individual score at the top of the order to help them accumulate a high total with the bat. The Windies’ batting however, boasts far better depth within their line-up than that of Pakistan’s and this is likely to prove the decisive factor between the two sides here, leading to a victory for Kieron Pollard’s men in the opening T20i of the series.