West Indies vs India – 1st T20 International Preview & Prediction
When is West Indies vs India taking place? Saturday 3rd August, 15:30 (UK)
Where is West Indies vs India taking place? Central Broward County Stadium, Florida
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs India? Temperatures of around 29c but thunderstorms are expected throughout
What channel is West Indies vs India on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Red Button
Where can I stream West Indies vs India? West Indies vs India will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs India? https://www.stubhub.com/west-indies-cricket-tickets-west-indies-cricket-lauderhill-central-broward-county-stadium-8-3-2019/event/104219179/?sort=price+asc
India beat West Indies by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- West Indies will turn their attention to defending their T20 World Cup crown following a disappointing World Cup campaign in which they failed to progress to the semi-finals and begin with a trip to Florida to face India.
- The headline news from the West Indies camp is that Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narnie have both been recalled after proving their fitness sufficiently and it will be the latter’s first appearance in the T20 squad for nearly two years.
- Carlos Brathwaite will take over the captaincy after Jason Holder led the 50-over side at the World Cup and should have Andre Russell at his disposal after he was named in the squad following a knee injury which ended his World Cup early.
- India will be looking forward to getting back out on the field after they were knocked out of the World Cup in a superb semi-final clash with New Zealand with this T20 series kicking off their tour of the West Indies which includes a trip to the USA.
- MS Dhoni will not be part of the travelling party whilst Jasprit Bumrah has been rested ahead of the Test series and Hardik Pandya will not feature at all as he receives a prolonged period of rest.
- Fast bowler Navdeep Saini and Rahul Chahar are both named in the T20 squad and the uncapped pair will be hoping to make their debut in this opening match of the three-game series.
Both of these teams will be disappointed with their respective performances at the World Cup and will now turn their attention to the shortest format of the game ahead of the T20 World Cup next year. The West Indies will be without star man Chris Gayle due to his participation in the Global T20 Canada but they still have a very strong squad with power throughout their side whilst the Indians have also named close to their first-choice side. This game is likely to be affected by rain which may reduce the number of overs played and that could favour the West Indies.