When is Sri Lanka vs South Africa taking place? Tuesday, September 14th, 2021 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Sri Lanka vs South Africa taking place? R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
What is the expected weather for Sri Lanka vs South Africa? 27-28c with a chance of thundery showers and light winds
What channel is Sri Lanka vs South Africa on? The match will be televised live on Foodxp (Sky channel 712)
Where can I stream Sri Lanka vs South Africa? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app.
South Africa beat Sri Lanka by nine wickets.
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sri Lanka are playing for pride and preparation ahead of the upcoming T20 World Cup here after suffering a second successive defeat against South Africa last time out, leaving them 0-2 down in this three-match series.
- Yet again, Sri Lanka’s batting let them down as they were bowled out for just 103, giving their bowlers nowhere near enough runs to defend as they were ultimately beaten by nine wickets.
- At least of return batter Kusal Perera was well received by the hosts as he top scored for Sri Lanka opening the batting with 30 and will be hoping to build on that here.
- South Africa’s bowlers blew Sri Lanka away in the second T20i, with Tabraiz Shamsi and Aiden Markram leading the charge with three wickets each, before the top order took charge and chased their target of 104 runs down in just 14.1 overs.
- Opener Quinton de Kock built on his 36 in this first T20i by scoring 58 not out here, whilst Markram sealed an excellent individual performance with an unbeaten 21 batting at number three to comfortably see the Proteas over the line.
- With six straight T20i victories now under their belt, South Africa are looking in excellent shape ahead of the T20 World Cup, as they seem to have found the right balance within their current side.
This series has been somewhat of a mismatch so far with South Africa simply far too strong for Sri Lanka, particularly with the bat. Whilst the visiting top order has looked largely untroubled over the past two games, Sri Lanka in contrast have wilted twice in succession and against such a strong Proteas bowling unit that combines searing pace with mystery spin, things don’t look like changing in this match. Motivation remains high for the tourists as they aim to complete a 0-3 sweep and extend their T20i winning run to seven straight games. When taking into account the form and quality of Keshav Maharaj’s side, it would be a surprise if South Africa do not finish with a flourish and ultimately another win in this one.