When is Sri Lanka vs New Zealand taking place? Wednesday, September 3rd, 2019 - 14:30 (UK)
Where is Sri Lanka vs New Zealand taking place? Kandy
What is the expected weather for Sri Lanka vs New Zealand? 31c with sunshine and the occasional cloudy spell
What channel is Sri Lanka vs New Zealand on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sri Lanka vs New Zealand? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Sri Lanka vs New Zealand? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
New Zealand beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sri Lanka came unstuck in the opening game of this three-match T20 series on Sunday so they will be hoping to bounce back in Kandy following that five-wicket loss where they were unable to defend a competitive total of 174/4.
- The batting has so often been their weakness in recent times but Kusal Mendis anchored the innings in impressive fashion hitting 79 from 53 balls and they will look to do even better here and post a bigger score.
- Lasith Malinga and T20 international debutant Wanindu Hasaranga were outstanding with the ball but the other four bowlers were all smashed for over ten per over so any changes to the team are most likely to be in the bowling department here as they look to keep the series alive.
- New Zealand got their tour of Sri Lanka off to an excellent start with a five-wicket win despite losing three early wickets with just 39 on the board after 7.2 overs while chasing a competitive total of 174/4.
- Despite the superb run chase, Martin Guptill and Colin Munro’s struggles continued as they were out for 11 and a duck respectively, and especially with Kane Williamson rested, they cannot afford to rely on the middle order yet again to rescue them.
- Stand-in captain Tim Southee was key for them with the ball while spinners Mitch Santner and Ish Sodhi won the battle of the spinners with the hosts as they did a great job in slowing the Sri Lankan batsmen down at a key time, and there is every chance that the tourists name an unchanged side here.
The first T20 match between these two teams on Sunday was a highly entertaining affair and there is every chance that this will be another close-fought match. Sri Lanka will have been disappointed not to have defended their total especially when restricting New Zealand to 39/3, so they will be eager to bounce back here. Much will depend on how the pitch plays in Kandy but the hosts will be fired up to level the series and they could just sneak this one.