When is Sri Lanka vs India taking place? Sunday, July 25th, 2021 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Sri Lanka vs India taking place? R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
What is the expected weather for Sri Lanka vs India? 27-28c with a chance of thundery showers and light winds
What channel is Sri Lanka vs India on? The match will be televised live on Foodxp (Sky Channel 712) in the UK
Where can I stream Sri Lanka vs India? SonyLIV subscribers will be able to stream the match live both online and via smart phones.
India beat Sri Lanka by 78 runs.
THE TEAM NEWS
- After securing a consolation victory over India in the final ODI of the three-match series, Sri Lanka at least have a win under their belt and a small platform in which to build on heading into this T20i series.
- Sri Lanka face an anxious wait regarding the availability of all-rounder Wanindu Hasaranga, who missed the third ODI due to injury and the likelihood is that he will not recover in time to feature in the first T20i.
- Spin-bowler Praveen Jayawickrama played a key role in Sri Lanka’s win last time out having been brought into the side and he should be given a chance to show what he can do in the 20 over form of the game here.
- After winning the three-match ODI series, this young Indian side now turn their attention to the T20i where they are expected to feel even more comfortable when considering their domestic experience in this form of the game.
- Players such as Ishan Kishan, Rahul Chahar and Sanju Samson all have plenty of experience in high pressure T20 cricket environments through the Indian Premier League and none of them will be phased by playing an international T20 match on foreign soil.
- The experience of opening batter Shikhar Dhawan however, will be important in guiding his side through the occasion, whilst all-rounder Hardik Pandya could well provide fireworks for India with both bat and ball.
Whilst India may be without many of their regular T20i stars such as Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja and Jasprit Bumrah, their replacements will be sure not to let them down. In what is likely to be considered their favoured format when taking into account all the big-match experience they have garnered playing in the IPL, the tourists are all set to impress as they aim to take an early lead in this three-game series. Following their dismal display in their recent T20 series vs England, Sri Lanka aren’t expected to fare much better here and an India win looks very much on the cards.