When is South Africa vs England taking place? Sunday 16th February, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs England taking place? SuperSport Park, Centurion
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs England? 28c in sunny skies
What channel is South Africa vs England on? South Africa vs England will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs England? South Africa vs England will be streamed live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs England? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
England beat South Africa by 2 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The roles were reversed in the second T20 match of the series with England as South Africa blew the chance of victory like their opponents had done in the first game as the tourists were able to level the series in another brilliant contest by condemning the hosts to a two-run defeat.
- Lungi Ngidi was the hero of the first game and despite taking three wickets in the second contest, he was expensive as he went for 12 an over which contributed to England scoring 204/7.
- Quinton de Kock’s rapid 65 helped the Proteas fly out of the blocks and although they slowed down when he had been dismissed, they only needed three from the final two balls but failed to reach their target and they may look to make changes for this last clash of the series with Beuran Hendricks’ spot in the side under threat having allowed 45 runs with the ball.
- England looked set for a second consecutive loss against South Africa but Tom Curran held his nerve with the final deliveries of the match as he helped his side to tie the series ahead of this decider by taking two wickets with the last two balls of the game.
- The tourists produced a strong batting display as they reached 204 but had Moeen Ali to thank for that as he struck 39 off just 11 balls to boost their total at the end of the innings but it did not appear to be enough as South Africa started their reply in swift fashion.
- England fought back well with the ball with Chris Jordan shining but it needed Curran to stand firm in the final over to level the series with the tourists likely to tweak their team for the final game having named an unchanged side last time and Joe Denly's spot will be under threat after he once again failed with the bat.
It is a huge shame that this T20 series will come to an end after this match with South Africa and England playing out two thrilling contests so far. The third and final game should be another superb watch if the previous two matches are anything to go by, especially with the outcome of the series on the line. Both teams are capable of winning with the toss likely to be crucial but England should have enough to get the job done and seal the victory to come out on top of a dramatic series.