When is South Africa vs England taking place? Friday 14th February, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs England taking place? Kingsmead Cricket Ground, Durban
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs England? 26c in partly cloudy skies
What channel is South Africa vs England on? South Africa vs England will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs England? South Africa vs England will be streamed live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs England? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
South Africa beat England by 1 run
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa held their nerve to come out on top of a topsy-turvy clash with England as a superb final over from Lungi Ngidi saw the hosts edge the win in the first game of the T20 series by just a single run.
- The Proteas were put in to bat but started brilliantly as they made their way to 111/1 in the 11th over but the loss of Rassie van der Dussen signalled the start of some struggles for the hosts and they were only able to post 177/8.
- England’s reply was a good one but South Africa rallied superbly in the final few overs before Ngidi did what was needed to lead his side to the win and they may opt to name an unchanged team following that victory.
- England threw away the victory in the first T20 match of the series against South Africa as they crumbled with the bat at the end of their innings when it looked like they were heading to a comfortable win.
- The tourists started slowly with the ball but responded well to leave a target of 178 to chase with that proving to be a good outcome after it had looked like they would be chasing a lot more.
- Jason Roy notched 70 and backed up by Eoin Morgan’s 52, that looked enough for England but when the skipper fell with an over left the tourists could not see the job through and they may look to make changes for this second game with Joe Denly’s place in the side looking the most vulnerable.
South Africa and England played out a hugely entertaining clash in the first T20 match of the series in which both teams dominated for spells but it was the hosts that prevailed. With just one over of the game remaining, England were favourites but a superb final over from Lungi Ngidi sealed a one-run victory for his side. The tourists will learn plenty of lessons from that loss and with a few tweaks to their line-up for this second contest, it is likely that England will be able to earn revenge for that narrow loss.