When is South Africa vs England taking place? Wednesday 12th February, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs England taking place? Buffalo Park, East London
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs England? 25c in sunny skies
What channel is South Africa vs England on? South Africa vs England will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs England? South Africa vs England will be streamed live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs England? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
England beat South Africa by 19 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa were unable to claim victory in the final ODI game of the series against England as they had to settle for a share of the spoils but they showed some good signs during that three-match series and will look to continue that in the 20-over format.
- Quinton de Kock will continue in the role of captain with Faf du Plessis given an extended break and he will be key to his side’s success after he was the top run-scorer in both the Test and ODI series'.
- Dale Steyn is back in the South Africa squad for the first time in almost a year and he will lead the attack for the hosts but Kagiso Rabada is afforded a rest for the Proteas who could hand T20I debuts to Pite van Biljon and Sisanda Magala.
- England produced a solid display to overcome South Africa in the final ODI match of the series and that win allowed them to salvage a draw overall and they will be keen to build on that for the T20s.
- Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler are among those who will come back into the side after they were rested for the ODI series but there is no place for Joe Root who has admitted recently that his time in the T20 team could be coming to an end.
- England are blessed with plenty of super batting options and may struggle to find a way to accommodate them all in the side with Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow likely to open the batting with Dawid Malan pushing for the spot at number three.
England did what was required to level the ODI series in the final game with South Africa and will now turn their attention to the shortest format of the game as they look to end their tour on a high. Some of their big guns have returned to the squad for this three-match series and that will be a big boost to the tourists. South Africa will find it tough going against England’s deep batting line-up and the tourists are likely to have too many runs for them in this opening match.