When is South Africa vs England taking place? Friday, November 27th, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs England taking place? Newlands, Cape Town
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs England? 25c cloudy
What channel is South Africa vs England on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket (Sky channel 404)
Where can I stream South Africa vs England? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs England? This match will take place without spectators
England beat South Africa by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa played two three-match T20 series back in February earlier this year and lost both of them 2-1 at the hands of England and then South Africa so they will know they need to improve in the shortest format of the game.
- They come into this series with several question marks over their line-up once again as they have big decisions in the batting department as to who will partner skipper Quinton de Kock at the top of the order and how the balance of the team will be made up with one or two all-rounders in the side.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje were in sensational form with the Delhi Capitals in the IPL last month and the pace duo will look to continue that in this series while Faf Du Plessis will also look to continue his fine form with the bat after topscoring for Chennai Super Kings.
- England have played more T20 international matches than any other team in this disrupted 2020 and they have won two series against South Africa and Australia and tied one with Pakistan.
- They have an incredibly strong squad at their disposal for this series and the top six of Roy, Buttler, Malan, Bairstow, Morgan and Stokes is as strong as any in world cricket while they continue to possess plenty of depth with the likes of Moeen Ali, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer and Tom Curran all capable with the bat too.
- The biggest plus is the availability of Jofra Archer who was in superb form opening the bowling in the IPL for the Rajasthan Royals and there is every chance that they start with this eleven which is possibly their strongest eleven.
This promises to be a hugely entertaining series between South Africa and England in what is a rematch from a series back in February which tourists England won 2-1. England have arguably their strongest line-up available with key men like Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer both available after the duo have missed some of their T20 matches this year. Both were in exceptional form in the IPL and they return to Eoin Morgan’s team to make them even more formidable in this format of the game. They have few questions marks and any that they do have are purely due to the strength of their options and good problems to have. The same cannot be said for the hosts who do have some question marks over their all-rounder spots without Chris Morris and at the top of the order as to who will partner Quinton de Kock. England simply have to be favoured if they field their strongest team.