When is South Africa vs Australia taking place? Wednesday 26th February, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs Australia taking place? Newlands, Cape Town
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs Australia? 23c with cloud but a small chance of rain
What channel is South Africa vs Australia on? South Africa vs Australia will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs Australia? South Africa vs Australia will be streamed live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs Australia? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
South Africa beat Australia by 12 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- South Africa levelled the series last time out as they produced a superb bowling display to defend their modest total of 158/4 as they slowed the Australian batsmen down as the ball softened to take this entertaining series to a decider.
- All of their bowlers contributed to the victory as Lungi Ngidi took three wickets at crucial times, while the incoming Anrich Nortje did well and Kagiso Rabada showed signs of returning to somewhere close to his best so they will need to be on top form once again here.
- The importance of Quinton do Kock at the top of the order was clear to see once again and they continue to rely so heavily on him so they will need more magic from him if they are to win at Newlands as the hosts will surely name an unchanged line-up for this deciding match.
- Australia felt like they missed a great opportunity to seal the series on Sunday as they let slip a good position to narrowly lose the second T20I, but that loss will not dent their confidence too much given the way they are playing in recent months.
- There remain question marks over the team’s middle order which is ultimately what cost them on Sunday with Alex Carey, Mitch Marsh, Matthew Wade and Ashton Agar unable to guide them home as the absence of the injured Glenn Maxwell does leave them light.
- They have a couple of options in the squad to change things around in the bowling unit but there is little scope to change the batting order so despite the loss, there is every chance that they will go unchanged for this deciding match.
Australia contrived to lose the second T20I in Port Elizabeth on Sunday despite looking in control for large spells of that game. It may well have been the case that complacency crept into their run chase but that will certainly not happen in this decider. With Quinton de Kock in outstanding form, he has the ability to take the game away from any team, but they do over rely on him. For the tourists, Warner, Finch and Smith are looking in imperious form themselves, and after allowing the hosts to level the series, expect Australia’s star men to guide them to another series victory.