When is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? Monday, October 7th (14:30 UK time)
Where is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
What is the expected weather for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? 31c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka on? This match will televised live on Prime TV in the UK (Sky channel 762)
Where can I stream Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? This match can be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 64 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Pakistan were stunned in the opening T20 match of this three-game series as they stumbled to 101 all out chasing a target of 166 so they fell well short and have been on the receiving end of plenty of criticism following that defeat.
- The decision to bring the returning Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Ukmal back into the side at two and three respectively raised many eyebrows and that promptly led to Sarfaraz Ahmed to defend their selections while he intimated they would be given more opportunities so they could keep their places here.
- They will rely heavily on Babar Azam to produce the goods as the batting looks underwhelming with Sarfaraz at number four and while they bat incredibly deep with all-rounders Imad Wasim and Faheem Ashraf at seven and eight, none have much form behind them and that increases the reliance on Babar.
- After losing the ODI series 2-0, Sri Lanka bounced back in style in the opening T20 match as they put an extremely competitive total on the board as they hit 165/5 batting first and their bowlers backed up a strong batting display by bowling the hosts out for just 101.
- It was Danushka Gunathilaka who set the foundations for the victory with his swashbuckling 57 from just 38 balls and he was well supported with 30s from both Fernando and Rajapaksa as they showed they can produce without some of the experienced campaigners who did not make this trip to Pakistan.
- They started with more of their experienced bowlers for this match and Nuwan Pradeep and Isuru Udana rewarded them with outstanding displays of three wickets apiece, and they will look to make an impact once again against this fragile Pakistani batting line-up.
Pakistan surprised many in the opening T20 match with their team selection and then subsequent poor performance in a match which Sri Lanka fully deserved to win. The tourists will have gained plenty of confidence from that match and will look to build on it here. Their bowlers were far more effective than they were in the ODI matches while their batting at the top of the order was excellent. They will expect some kind of reaction from the hosts who will be motivated to bounce back right away. While they should produce a much-improved display, Sri Lanka will compete hard and this could go down to the wire, even if Pakistan do improve and manage to edge this one.