When is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? Saturday, October 5th (14:30am UK time)
Where is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka taking place? Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
What is the expected weather for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? 31c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka on? This match will televised live on Prime TV in the UK (Sky channel 762)
Where can I stream Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? This match can be streamed live on the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for Pakistan vs Sri Lanka? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 36 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- After wrapping up a 2-0 series win in the one-day internationals, Pakistan enter the three T20 matches against Sri Lanka with outstanding form in this format of the game – which is backed up by the fact that they are comfortably ranked number one in the ICC World Rankings.
- There are some changes to the squad for these three matches in Lahore as Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Ukmal and Faheem Ashraf all return to the fold but they have an embarrassment of riches at the disposal of skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed who also returns after being rested in their last T20 series against South Africa.
- After some good performances in the ODIs, Iftikhar Ahmed could be handed a start here and they are blessed with good spin options who can also bat as he joins Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan and Imad Wasim as they look set to field yet another incredibly strong line-up here.
- Despite losing the ODI series 2-0, Sri Lanka will take some positives from their performance in the final match where they posted a competitive total of 297/9 and that was thanks in no small part to Danushka Gunathilaka’s superb 133 at the top of the order.
- The T20 series is expected to be just as difficult for this vastly under-strength squad and this is the format where they will sorely miss some of their T20 specialists like Lasith Malinga, Niroshan Dickwella and Thisara Perera so all areas of the team are somewhat weakened in this format.
- One area that they will have to improve is the variation in their bowling as some of their younger talents like Lahiru Kumara were found wanting in the ODIs for that reason and became too predictable so they will have to vary their pace especially to keep the Pakistan batsmen second-guessing.
Pakistan were totally comfortable in the two one-day internationals that they beat Sri Lanka in, and they will be just as confident, if not more so, coming into their favoured format of the game. They dominated Sri Lanka in all areas of those ODI matches, and the T20 format will only exaggerate the major gulf in quality between the two teams. Expect a comfortable victory and for Pakistan to have the edge in all areas of this match.