When is New Zealand vs India taking place? Friday 31st January, 2020 – 07:00 (UK)
Where is New Zealand vs India taking place? Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs India? 20c in clear skies
What channel is New Zealand vs India on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream New Zealand vs India? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand vs India? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
New Zealand tied with India (India won in the Super Over)
THE TEAM NEWS
- New Zealand put in an improved display in the third T20I against India but suffered heartache as they were defeated in a Super Over and that result means the series is already beyond the Blackcaps with two matches remaining.
- Taking to the field first, for the first time this series, proved beneficial for the hosts as they were able to restrict India to 179/5 before Kane Williamson struck a superb 95 but with the scores tied, Ross Taylor was bowled with the final ball of the innings.
- New Zealand made 17/0 in the Super Over but still fell short and with the series now beyond them, Daryl Mitchell should be handed a chance with Colin de Grandomme’s place in the side set to come under threat after a poor series so far.
- India secured the series against New Zealand with two matches to spare as they claimed a thrilling victory in the third match thanks to several huge individual performances that proved to be the difference.
- New Zealand needed just one run from the final ball of the game but Mohammed Shammi held his nerve to bowl a brilliant delivery and knocked Ross Taylor’s stumps over to force a Super Over.
- Needing 18 to win, India only managed eight from their first four balls but Rohit Sharma hit successive sixes to edge a magnificent win and India will now look to make changes to their side with Navdeep Sani, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav and Manish Pandey all pushing for a spot.
New Zealand were in several great positions to win the third T20i against India but the tourists dug deep to somehow come out on top and claim the series. They will be keen to claim the whitewash by winning the final two matches but squad rotation may hinder their chances of that. New Zealand were not far off in the third game in what was their best all-round performance of the series but the manner of that defeat will be difficult to overcome and India should be able to maintain their dominance by coming out on top once again.