When is New Zealand vs India taking place? Wednesday 29th January, 2020 – 07:00 (UK)
Where is New Zealand vs India taking place? Seddon Park, Hamilton
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs India? 23c in partly cloudy skies
What channel is New Zealand vs India on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream New Zealand vs India? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand vs India? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India beat New Zealand by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- New Zealand were disappointing as they failed to learn their lessons from their first T20I of the series against India and suffered a second consecutive defeat which was largely down to a tame effort with the bat.
- None of their batsmen really put their foot down and even a late effort from Tim Seifert who scored an unbeaten 33 from 26 did not allow the Blackcaps to post a total that they could realistically defend aside from a brilliant effort with the ball.
- That was not to be the case as India chased the 133 they had been set with relative ease and having named the same side for the opening two matches, it may be time for the hosts to switch things up with Daryl Mitchell the most likely to come into the side.
- India made light work of New Zealand in the second T20I and moved to within one win of claiming the series after taking a 2-0 lead thanks to their comfortable victory over the hosts at Eden Park.
- The tourists were solid with the ball as they kept New Zealand’s scoring in check before KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer carried on where they left off in the first game with scores of 57* and 44 respectively.
- They were able to guide their side to the seven-wicket victory and following another impressive display, India could name the same side for the third game as they bid to wrap the series up.
New Zealand will have to make big improvements if they are to avoid a series defeat as they fell 2-0 behind with three games still to play. They were not good enough with bat or ball as they failed to improve on a decent showing in their first outing. Their bowling issues were well known before the series but it was their batsmen that were the main protagonists behind the defeat in the second game as they failed to score quickly enough. The hosts have few options to change their line-up and with India looking in good form, it is the tourists that should claim the win in the third game.