When is New Zealand vs India taking place? Friday 24th January, 2020 – 06:50 (UK)
Where is New Zealand vs India taking place? Eden Park, Auckland
What is the expected weather for New Zealand vs India? 22c in sunshine and clear skies
What channel is New Zealand vs India on? The match will be televised live on Sky Sports Mix
Where can I stream New Zealand vs India? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for New Zealand vs India? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
New Zealand beat India by 4 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- New Zealand were edged out in a thrilling series against England in November with the tourists coming out on top of a series-deciding Super Over and will now face another tough test as they come up against India.
- The Blackcaps will host the Indians over another five-match series that will test their depth due to a long injury list that includes key players Trent Boult and Lockie Ferguson with the absence of those two in particular a huge blow but they will also be without the likes of Tom Latham and Matt Henry.
- Hamish Bennett last played for New Zealand in 2017 but has earned a recall on the back of some strong domestic form and the paceman is set to make his T20I debut in a team led by Kane Williamson who missed out on the series against England.
- India showed some great character to bounce back from losing the first ODI against Australia as they won the final two matches of the series to come out on top with their batting efforts greatly improved in those games.
- As they turn their attention to the 20-over format, India have been dealt a blow with Ishant Sharma likely to miss the series after turning his ankle with the injury requiring six weeks’ rest and rehab.
- India’s last T20 series saw them overcome Sri Lanka and they have decided against tinkering with their squad too much although Mohammed Shami is a welcome addition and will add some depth to the bowling attack.
New Zealand and India kick off a five-match T20 series at Eden Park and there are big expectations of an exciting first contest. The Blackcaps still boast a strong squad despite numerous injuries although the absence of a handful of key players cannot be ignored. India will look to capitalise on that and build on their recent T20 success against Sri Lanka as well as their impressive comeback against Australia in the ODI series and the tourists should be too good in this opening clash.