When is India vs West Indies taking place? Friday, December 6th (13:30 UK time)
Where is India vs West Indies taking place? Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad
What is the expected weather for India vs West Indies? Mostly sunny with a temperature around 27c
What channel is India vs West Indies on? The match will be televised live on StarGOLD HD (Sky channel 717)
Where can I stream India vs West Indies? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for India vs West Indies? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
India beat West Indies by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- India come into this opening game of a three-match T20 series against the West Indies with form on their side having won their last six T20 matches played against the Caribbean side in the last 13 months.
- Their last T20 series came against Bangladesh in November which they won 2-1 and though it was far from comfortable against a side they would fully expect to dominate against, skipper and star man Virat Kohli was rested for that series and he returns to lead the side once again here.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar also returns to the fold to bolster the bowling attack for this series as does Mohammed Shami so while they remain without Jasprit Bumrah, they have named a team much closer to their strongest possible line-up after various rotations in recent series.
- West Indies lost 2-1 to Afghanistan in the T20 series prior to this clash with India and despite winning their first ODI series in five years, that series defeat will dent the confidence of Kieron Pollard’s men ahead of this tough test.
- They are able to count upon Fabian Allen who has recovered from a knee injury but Andre Russell and Dwayne Bravo remain out due to fitness concerns so they retain a number of young talents like Brandon King, Hayden Walsh Jr., Romario Shephard and Khary Pierre.
- Their batting let them down badly in the series against Afghanistan as they struggled in the conditions against pace and spin, which does not bode well when coming up against arguably the best bowling attack in the world, so Shai Hope, Lendl Simmons, Evin Lewis and Nicholas Pooran will need to be at their very best.
West Indies’ tour of India started with a series against Afghanistan but their 2-1 defeat in the T20s will have done nothing for their confidence coming into this series with arguably the best team in the world right now. India have rested several of their players in recent times but they bring back the likes of Virat Kohli, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Mohammed Shami into the squad which suggests they mean business for this particular series. They have plenty of quality with bat and ball – far more than the tourists - and they should get the series off to a flying start.