When is India vs Sri Lanka taking place? Tuesday, January 7th (1.30pm UK time)
Where is India vs Sri Lanka taking place? Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
What is the expected weather for India vs Sri Lanka? 26c with sunshine and the occasional cloudy spell
What channel is India vs Sri Lanka on? The match will be televised live on StarGOLD HD (Sky channel 717)
Where can I stream India vs Sri Lanka? The match can be streamed live using the SkyGo app
Where can I get tickets for India vs Sri Lanka? Ticket details for this match can be found here!
THE TEAM NEWS
- The opening match of this three-game T20 series in Guwahati was abandoned due to rain and then an unplayable pitch, so both teams will be eager to get under way in Indore which should see play with a positive forecast.
- Both teams did name their team for that match and there is every chance they will name the same line-up here barring significantly different pitch conditions so Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Navdeep Saini should play for India.
- The return of Jasprit Bumrah is the major boost for them while Rohit Sharma continues to be rested as it is. Pandey, Jadeja, Chahal and Samson are the members of the squad that are unlikely to be selected here as they shift from fielding several all-rounders that they have tested in recent series.
- Sri Lanka will be keen to get out in the middle after the frustration of the opening game being washed out and they will be prepared to bowl first after India showed their intentions in the opening game as the hosts won the toss and elected to bat first.
- Sri Lanka named the following team for that washed out opening game and there is a strong chance that they too will go with the same set of eleven players: Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Perera, Oshada Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka, Isuru Udana, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lahiru Kumara, Lasith Malinga.
- Legend Lasith Malinga will lead the team out here and they will be keen to do well as several of their players should carry good form and momentum into this series as the likes of Avishka Fernando, Dasun Shanaka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa all did well in the Bangladesh Premier League.
Sri Lanka have not always had all of their players at their disposal in recent series for one reason or another but they have a talented squad available for this series. India are still able to name an incredibly strong side despite resting Rohit Sharma and they will take some beating as usual. This is the format that offers the best chance to opposition and Sri Lanka will be keen to upset them. They will be conservative against Bumrah but will target the others bowlers for their runs, though it may not be that easy. They can, however, make this much closer than many people expect and while the hosts should edge it, do not rule out a surprise.