ICC Women’s T20 World Cup – South Africa vs Thailand Preview & Prediction
When is South Africa Women vs Thailand Women taking place? Friday 28th February, 2020 – 04:00 (UK)
Where is South Africa Women vs Thailand Women taking place? Manuka Oval, Canberra
What is the expected weather for South Africa Women vs Thailand Women? 25c in mostly sunny skies
What channel is South Africa Women vs Thailand Women on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa Women vs Thailand Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for South Africa Women vs Thailand Women? Ticket information for all ICC Women’s T20 World Cup matches here
THE TEAM NEWS
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
- South Africa Women got their Women’s T20 World Cup campaign off to the perfect start as they produced a strong display to shock England Women and pick up a win in their opening match of the tournament.
- The collective effort from the South African bowlers helped restrict England to 123/8 but the Proteas suffered an early blow in pursuit of that total as they lost opener Lizelle Lee for just four runs.
- Dane van Niekerk and Marizanne Kapp did not allow that to deter them as they combined for 84 runs which helped to put South Africa in a position to need nine from the final over which they managed to achieve, largely thanks to a superb six from Mignon du Preez.
- Thailand Women once again struggled with the bat as they fell to a second consecutive defeat in the Women’s T20 World Cup as they were on the end of a comprehensive loss against England Women.
- Thailand started superbly and removed England’s opening pair inside two overs to leave their opponents at 7/2 but that was as good as it got for the side appearing in their first tournament as they failed to take any further wickets which allowed England to reach 176/2.
- Having made 78/9 against West Indies Women in their opening match, the Thais could not score quickly enough as they stuttered to 78/7 from their 20 overs which handed England a 98-run victory and their batting will have to improve if they are to avoid another big loss here.
South Africa Women will be hoping to build on their superb win over England Women in their opening match of the Women’s T20 World Cup. The Proteas showed their potential with the shock victory and now face minnows Thailand Women in their second game of the tournament. The Thais have struggled to score runs in their opening two matches and that is likely to be a big issue once again with South Africa able to earn a comfortable victory.