When is India Women vs New Zealand Women taking place? Thursday 27th February, 2020 – 04:00 (UK)
Where is India Women vs New Zealand Women taking place? Junction Oval, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for India Women vs New Zealand Women? 24c in sunny skies
What channel is India Women vs New Zealand Women on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream India Women vs New Zealand Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for India Women vs New Zealand Women? Ticket information for all ICC Women’s T20 World Cup matches here
THE TEAM NEWS
- India Women made it two wins from two as they overcame Bangladesh Women in what turned out to be a relatively comfortable victory but the Indians know they will have to be better in this clash against New Zealand Women.
- Despite scoring 142/6, India will feel they should have scored more after making a strong start to their innings with Shafali Verma wasting no time as she struck a solid 39 from just 17 deliveries.
- Bangladesh threatened to chase that total down but were always behind the required rate and ultimately fell short by 18 runs as Poonam Yadav produced another great display to end with figures of 3-18 and she has now taken seven wickets to begin the tournament.
NEW ZEALAND WOMEN
- New Zealand Women proved too good for Sri Lanka Women in their opening match of the Women’s T20 World Cup and they have given themselves a solid foundation to work from as they face India Women in what is an intriguing contest.
- Sri Lanka started well but the White Ferns responded well when it mattered and were able to take five wickets in the final six overs to restrict the Sri Lankans to 127/7 when a much larger score looked to be on the cards.
- Hayley Jensen was superb as she finished with figures of 3-16 and skipper Sophie Devine then announced herself to the tournament with a brilliant knock of 75* from just 55 balls to lead her side to the seven-wicket win with 14 balls in hand.
India Women have started the Women’s T20 World Cup in superb fashion but face another tough test as they face New Zealand Women. The Indians have been solid in both of their first two games and Poonam Yadav looks set to be in for a huge tournament having taken seven wickets in her side’s two matches. The White Ferns fought back well to earn a convincing win over Sri Lanka Women in their first game and although they are capable of making it back-to-back wins, India are likely to have just too much for them.